Monday, February 20, 2006

san frantastic!

so I'm having a great time here in California.
First time in San Francisco, and first extended trip to California.

Got in late on Sunday night, about 1030 or so local time. I was tired from the weekend and the flight, of course. My friend Jonas had sent a car to the airport to pick me, and that was nice.

The ride was interesting, it was dark, but seeing the bay was cool.
I think it was the bay at least.

anyway, we got to the place and went up to the loft, walking through this killer courtyard with gardens and all. The loft is incredible - huge, open, and just awesome.
I missed a big party at the loft the night before, and the dj stuff was (and is) still set up in the corner.
The most obvious and striking feature of the loft are the original beams and supports. They are these sturdy-looking things, stripped of their paint in a very cool, raw way.
I guess it's not totally done yet, cause there is not a lot of furniture or furnishings, but what is here is really tasteful. go Jonas.

so - I was hungry and Jonas was all set to go get some food. Turns out we were going to meet these French girls in a lounge somewhere, and there was good pizza accross the street. I'll admit I wasn't so ready for a oom-tseh oom-tseh place, and we didn't end up staying too long. The pizza wasn't the greatest.

No comments: