Thursday, April 14, 2005

Part 3: my morning so far: gooogle video, blogs and lifehacker

his email to me:

> everything else, is pretty relative, but in this
> case...i think youre misreading the ToS.
> they say they reserve the right to charge a fee if
> the bandwidth gets to be too much. they DONT say they
> are charging YOU a fee, as the the uploader.

Completely true -- but it's ambiguous, and
that's never good in a
contract.

> the system works like this:
> you upload.
> if you want, you charge a fee to anyone who wants to
> view.
> if you dont want to charge you dont have to.
> if you dont charge, and the video is slashdotted, then
> google has the right to set a fee on their on - for
> viewers. not for you, as the original uploader...


If it worked that way, I would indeed be happy; this
is a service I
want to use.

I'm waiting for them to get back to me on the email
I sent them; when
they do I'll post it to my site. If I've misread
things, I'd happily
eat my words.

Jacob

No comments: