Sunday, November 26, 2006

So here's a freakin' cool story

My dad was in synagogue this past shabbat, and there was a new person, obviously a visitor. As my dad does, he went over to the guy and introduced himself, welcome to providence - I'm Mark R.
Answers the guy, I'm Tsvi R.
(Assume that R. is the same name)
So where are you from, Tsvi-with-the-same-last-name?
Mexico City, he answers.

Hm, dad says - I have relatives there!

After some discussion and looking at our family tree (that cousin sarah awesomely did a while back), it turns out that my father and Tsvi share a great-great grandfather.
A while back my dad had visited some of the family down there, and my aunt has also.

this branch lives in Boston now, though there are still lots in Mexico still.
They even compared their thumbs - the R. thumb, as it turns out, and my dad and he both have it.

wild.

No comments: